The Academic Council for the Faculty of Medicine is tasked with:
- commenting to the Dean on the internal distribution of funds
- commenting to the Dean on central, strategic areas of research and education, and plans for knowledge exchange
- making recommendations to the Dean on the composition of expert assessment committees for applicants for academic positions
- awarding Ph.D. degrees and higher doctoral degrees
- making recommendations to the Dean on the appointment of adjunct professors
- making recommendations to the Dean on the appointment of honorary doctors
Additionally, the Academic Council may comment on all academic matters of central importance to university's business and is obligated to address the academic matters submitted by the Dean and the Rector.